- To reserve a space in a class, it is necessary to pre-register and pre-pay for all classes. To provide quality education to each student, many classes have a limited number of seats available.
- Registration may be done in person, by phone or on-line using a credit card, check or cash.
- To help prevent class cancellations, students are encouraged to register early.
- Students should check with the store before making any major purchases for a class.
- In the event you wish to bring someone with you to class, a separate class registration for that person is required.
Class Cancellation Policy
- Please contact Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. at least (3) days prior to the start date of a class or at least (7) days prior to the start date of a workshop or camp to receive a refund.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made (3) days or less for classes and (7) days or less for work shops and camps.
- Refunds cannot be provided for “no-shows”.
- If Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. cancels a class due to low enrollment, teacher emergency or inclement weather, students will be notified by telephone, and a refund in the amount of the class fee will be made.
- Once a student has registered and paid for a class, class supply lists are available for pick up at each store, or may be emailed or mailed upon request.
- All supplies should be purchased prior to the day the class begins. Class time cannot be used to purchase supplies.
- All supplies and fabric(s) are available at Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. The instructor for the class and/or a KMIS staff member is available to assist students with the selection of class supplies. In appreciation, students receive a 10% discount on all class supplies purchased at KMIS.
- Some classes (such as quilt classes) require additional time for selecting fabric and supplies. You may schedule an appointment prior to the first class with a KMIS staff member to assist with these larger selections by contacting either store at no additional charge.
- Due to copyright laws, if a book or pattern is required for a class, each student must purchase his/her own copy. There are no exceptions.
- Students should bring her (or his) own sewing machine with all of the appropriate parts (including the instruction manual). The student must be familiar with its basic operation (i.e. winding a bobbin and threading the machine – with the exception of KMIS Sewing Machine Basics class), and the machine must be in good working condition. Alternatively, a student may rent a sewing machine for $10 per class session.
- A student who experiences great difficulty with her (or his) sewing machine during class will need to rent a machine. It is critical for classroom time to focus on the class project. Therefore, minimal time is available for troubleshooting machine problems.
Our friendly educational staff is available to work on a private one-on-one basis or with small groups. Private lessons are an excellent opportunity for children, teens, and adults to learn exactly what they want to learn about sewing in a personalized environment. We are able to accommodate all skill sets from beginners to expert, and everything in between. Prepayment is required before a class is scheduled. All lessons will be held at KMIS.
Please contact either of our stores for more information about Private Lessons.