We adhere to the CDC Guidelines for safety through the wearing of masks, social distancing, appropriate cleaning protocols and frequent hand-washing.
- The class size is very limited to ensure a safe learning environment. Social Distancing guidelines will be followed and masks must be worn.
- To reserve a space in a class, it is necessary to pre-register and pre-pay for all classes. To provide quality education to each student, many classes have a limited number of seats available.
- Registration may be done in person, by phone or on-line using a credit card, check or cash.
- To help prevent class cancellations, students are encouraged to register early.
- Students should check with the store before making any major purchases for a class.
- In the event you wish to bring someone with you to class, a separate class registration for that person is required.
Class Cancellation Policy
- Please contact Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. at least (3) days prior to the start date of a class or at least (7) days prior to the start date of a workshop or camp to receive a refund.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made (3) days or less for classes and (7) days or less for work shops and camps.
- Refunds cannot be provided for “no-shows”.
- If Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. cancels a class due to low enrollment, teacher emergency or inclement weather, students will be notified by telephone, and a refund in the amount of the class fee will be made.
- Once a student has registered and paid for a class, class supply lists are available for pick up at each store, or may be emailed or mailed upon request.
- All supplies should be purchased prior to the day the class begins. Class time cannot be used to purchase supplies.
- All supplies and fabric(s) are available at Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. The instructor for the class and/or a KMIS staff member is available to assist students with the selection of class supplies. In appreciation, students receive a 10% discount on all class supplies purchased at KMIS.
- Some classes (such as quilt classes) require additional time for selecting fabric and supplies. You may schedule an appointment prior to the first class with a KMIS staff member to assist with these larger selections by contacting either store at no additional charge.
- Due to copyright laws, if a book or pattern is required for a class, each student must purchase his/her own copy. There are no exceptions.
- Students should bring her (or his) own sewing machine with all of the appropriate parts (including the instruction manual). The student must be familiar with its basic operation (i.e. winding a bobbin and threading the machine – with the exception of KMIS Sewing Machine Basics class), and the machine must be in good working condition. Alternatively, a student may rent a sewing machine for $10 per class session.
- A student who experiences great difficulty with her (or his) sewing machine during class will need to rent a machine. It is critical for classroom time to focus on the class project. Therefore, minimal time is available for troubleshooting machine problems.
New Owner Classes
New Owner Classes teach new machine owners the basic functions of the new machine and provide basic instruction for sewing, embroidery and/or serging. These courses are complementary to customers who purchase their machines from Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. New Owner Classes are scheduled as needed, soon after purchasing a machine.
Our friendly educational staff is available to work on a private one-on-one basis or with small groups. Private lessons are an excellent opportunity for children, teens, and adults to learn exactly what they want to learn about sewing in a personalized environment. We are able to accommodate all skill sets from beginners to expert, and everything in between. Prepayment is required before a class is scheduled. All lessons will be held at a Keep Me In Stitches, Inc. location.
Please contact either of our stores for more information about Private Lessons.